Monday, September 22, 2014

Một số cặp từ hay xuất hiện trong kỳ thi TOEIC

Một số cặp từ dễ nhầm lẫn trong kỳ thi TOEIC:
1. BESIDE / BESIDES

- Beside: giới từ, mang nghĩa bên cạnh, = ‘'next to’', '’at the side of'’

Examples:

• I sit beside John in class.

• Could you get me that book? It's beside the lamp.

- Besides: (adverb) meaning '’also'’, '’as well'’

: (preposition) meaning '’in addition to'’

Examples:

• (adverb) He's responsible for sales, and a lot more besides.

• (preposition) Besides tennis, I play soccer and basketball.

2. CLOTHES / CLOTHS

- Clothes (số nhiều) quần áo chúng ta mặc nói chung

Examples:

• Just a moment, let me change my clothes.

• Tommy, get your clothes on!

- Cloth: vải vóc nói chung (không đếm được)

- Cloth (số nhiều là cloths): miếng vải, tấm vải, thường dùng để lau hay làm khăn trải bàn...

Examples:

• There are some cloths in the closet. Use those to clean the kitchen.

• I have a few pieces of cloth that I use.

- clothing (không đếm được): nói đến một loại quần áo đặc biệt, cụ thể nào đó

Examples:

• Protective clothing

3. DEAD / DIED

- Dead: adjective meaning ‘'not alive'’, chết

Examples:

• Unfortunately, our dog has been dead for a few months.

• Don't touch that bird. It's dead.

- Died: past tense and past participle of the verb '’to die’', thì quá khứ và phân từ hai của động

từ "die"

Examples:

• His grandfather died two years ago.

• A number of people have died in the accident.

4. EXPERIENCE / EXPERIMENT

- Experience (đếm được): kỷ niệm

- experience (ko đếm được): kinh nghiệm

Examples:

• (first meaning)His experiences in Germany were rather depressing.

• (second meaning) I'm afraid I don't have much sales experience.

- Experiment: thí nghiệm, thử nghiệm

Examples:

• They did a number of experiments last week.

• Don't worry it's just an experiment. I'm not going to keep my beard.

5. FELT / FELL

- Felt: past tense and past participle of the verb '’to feel'’, quá khứ và phân từ hai của động

từ "Feel"

Examples:

• I felt better after I had a good dinner.

• He hasn't felt this well for a long time.

- Fell: past tense of the verb ‘’to fall'’, quá khứ của động từ "fall"

Examples:

• He fell from a tree and broke his leg.

• Unfortunately, I fell down and hurt myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment